- Have a clear workspace available for our packers.
- Point out fragile valuable items and those items you will be taking with you.
- Identify anything that will be left behind for the new owners.
Packing Tips to Save Us Time and Save YOU Money….
DO have appliances clean, empty, disconnected and ready for moving.
DO remove propane tanks from barbeques.
DO label your cartons with a list of contents and its desired location in your new home.
DO drain fuel from lawn mowers and snow blowers.
DO label your special cartons Fragile or This End Up.
DO use good quality closed top cartons.
DON'T pack aerosols, paint, bleaches and flammables.
DON'T stack cartons in halls or doorways.
DON'T fold-lock cartons - tape them instead.
DON'T leave cartons half empty or flowing over.
DO call KINETO for supplies or advice anytime.
Moving Out Day
- Plan to stay home until the moving van has departed.
- Tour the house with the van operator during inventory.
- Sign the Bill of Lading, confirm the new address and delivery date.
- Be sure to check the destination contact phone numbers.
- Do the final check for overlooked items.
- Make sure windows and doors are all locked, utilities are discontinued or turned off, keys are transferred and the lights are off.
Moving In Day
- It is a good idea to be at your new home a day ahead of the moving van to verify utilities are connected and the floor plan is correct.
- Check items unloaded with the inventory list.
- Make arrangements for appliances and confirm all unpacking requirements.
Personal Moving Guide
Four Weeks Before Moving Day
- Tour your house including the attic, garage, shed and decide which items should be discarded or donated to charity.
- Contact Kineto Van Lines and request an accurate estimate of your moving charges.
- Use up frozen food and staples. Buy only what will be used before moving.
- Make travel reservations for the trip including airline, hotel and rental car.
- Arrange for transfer of records (school, medical, dental)
Three Weeks Before Moving Day
- Arrange for transportation of pets and kennels. Check with your veterinarian.
- Start preparing your plants for the move. Refer to our plant brochure.
- Return library books, video rentals and other borrowed items. Collect loaned items or those out for repairs.
- Dispose of flammables (paint, matches, pressurized cans and cleaning fluids).
- Notify the Post Office (mail order accounts, etc) of your change of address.
Two Weeks Before Moving Day
- Draw up a floor plan of your new home and indicate furniture placement.
- Set a date with a reliable firm to prepare your appliances (washer, dryer, etc) for moving. (Kineto can recommend).
- Start packing some of it yourself. Refer to the packing brochure from your Kineto agent.A
- Arange for a babysitter for moving day. Plan to discontinue utilities, deliveries, etc.
One Week Before Moving Day
- Prepare for car trip. Finish packing all suitcases and basic elements.
- Take down curtain rods, shelves, items that are attached to walls. Dismantle large power tools such as lathes and grinders.
- Defrost and wipe dry fridge and freezer.Don't overlook the defrost water pan. Drain water from garden hoses/fuel from mower.
- Confirm that you have important papers, keys, medications and plane tickets along with appropriate clothing for your trip.
- House/Car Insurance, etc.
- Club Memberships
- Bank Records
- Legal Contracts
- Medical/Optometrist Records
- School Records
- Veterinarian Records
- Dental Records
- Post Office
- Credit Card Companies
- Government (family allowances, health card, etc.)
- Vehicle Registration Bureau
- Water/Softener Service
- Cable/Entertainment Rentals
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning Service
- Lawn/Snow Service
- Newspaper Delivery
- Household Cleaning Service
- Pool Service